Wednesday, July 2, 2008

NZ Art Guild Exhibition Opening

Here are some photos from the fantastic evening we had. There was a great turn out, a number of sales and an extremely positive response from the attendees when we unveiled the collaborative project (which I can now post a photo of as it has been so secret squirrel for the past month even though it was hanging on my wall during that time). This photo is of the downstairs area. You can see my sunset seascape hanging at the top further back

This is right before the great unveiling with me on the left and Sophia Elise on the right. I was a bit worried I was going to miss my cue about dropping the curtain but it was all good.

And this is right after the unveiling. There was about 10 seconds of silence and then everyone started reacting. Then for the next hour people kept on coming up to look at it in close detail. We got fantastic feedback from everyone there.

And here is a photo of 'Reach Out'. Later this month it will be auctioned on Trade Me. I will post the link at the time. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand which is a fantastic organisation for the NZ Art Guild to support. Personally I think this piece would be fantastic in a foyer/entrance area of a corporate or community building as it is so large and has such an impact it would be such a focal point. I really hope the auction goes fabulously and lots of money is raised for the Mental Health Foundation.

No comments: