Thursday, March 13, 2008

The long grey road




I finished this painting last night which felt good as I kind of feel that I have all these works that I have started but haven't finished and I need to feel finished to feel that sense of achievement.




I'm not 100% happy with this piece, it hasn't come out quite as how I wanted it to in my head. However I am not sure as to what more I could do to it so I am going to leave it as it is. DH likes it, so that's good. It is oil, 600 x 400 x 35mm.




I really didn't feel like painting last night - it has been a busy week with babies and work stuff and lack of sleep and all I felt like doing was curling up on the couch and watching crappy American sitcoms. I hardly ever watch TV so I never have any idea what is on anyway, so I decided just to do a little bit of painting and then have a bath and watch crap on TV. I never got my bath or the TV as I just kept on going until I realised that suddenly it was bedtime.

1 comment:

Georgia Rose said...

I like it a lot!! I'm a big fan of dramatic skies in photos and paintings.