Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Freedom


'Freedom' - oil on canvas 400mm x 600mm x 40mm.

I guess the title for this one is fairly self-explanatory. This particular road comes from my imagination and the mountains are reminiscent of the Southern Alps in the South Island of New Zealand. Being a Canterbury girl (even though I've lived in Auckland for nearly a decade), I grew up with the wide open flatness of the Canterbury plains with the alps in the distance. Even though to be true to Canterbury, the fields wouldn't be green, instead a rusty gold. The only really green fields in the Canterbury plains are those that have those massive water systems. I think that is for the dairy farms, from my limited understanding, sheep farms don't need the amount of green grass that cows do.
Anyway this is finally the second in my road series that I started months ago and the last one still has one addition to occur tonight so that it is ready for tomorrow. I love Liquin!

No comments: