Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Charcoal portrait


Over easter we had family staying from Australia and I think we took about 350 photos over the long weekend - mainly of the kids (5 cousins, 4 of whom are 2 and under). I have to do lots of drawing exercises for my study and normally my dear family are the ones who have to pose for me. However in this case, Max my nephew is the star of this particular drawing. He is such a smiler and we had dozens and dozens of beautiful photos of him. I drew this one so I thought that I would post it here. My drawing is improving the more I do. I really want to improve my drawing and I know that it will really help my painting, I just prefer to paint so getting motivated to do my drawing exercises can take a while (I never need motivation to paint). Once I start though I do get really engrossed and enjoy the process.

No comments: