Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NZ Art Guild Art Awards piece

Well I dropped this one off this morning and stayed to help collect the other artwork for 3 hours so I figure that it's now time to post a photo of my piece on my blog. There is some stunning artwork arriving for this award and the competition will be fierce. I was in awe of some of the pieces and there was also incredible diversity as well. It was so interesting to see how everyone interpreted the themes: cool blue, equality, stamp and circular.


Well here is my entry. The title is "If I could, I would give you the World" and it is oil on canvas, 600mm x 400mm.
If you are in Auckland, I would really recommend going to see the finalists and those chosen for the exhibition as the calibre was outstanding and all pieces are for sale as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous piece. And "go you" for staying and helping.

Leanne Brischetto said...

It's beautiful :)