Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Taylor's Mistake


I started this painting last night at about 10pm and I think that it is pretty much finished. It is oil, 600x400mm and done wet on wet so I may go back when it is dry and do some more details on the water on the rocks.

It is my first original seascape based on 2 different photo's that my Dad took out at Taylor's Mistake in Christchurch last week. I've been learning heaps from the DVD's I've been watching and I guess in this one I've used techniques from both Byron Pickering and E. John Robinson as well as some of my own preferences. I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. Thanks to my babies who both slept at the same time this afternoon so that I could get it finished so quickly (that doesn't happen that often).

I am also working on something quite different for me for the NZ Art Guild Art Awards. I need to have it completed and ready by 29 January as that is the last day for delivering them (and I have volunteered to be the "collector" for the NZAG that day so I better have mine ready to take along with me. I won't post any photos of it until then as I'm not too sure how it is going to work out and just in case I need to do something completely different.

No comments: