Friday, January 18, 2008

I have been busy really....

I have been painting away really, even if I haven't posted for a while. I am currently working on my entry for the NZ Art Guild awards which I have to have ready for delivery on 29 January at the very latest. In order for it to be completely dry I really need to complete it this weekend so I am spending a lot of time on it. It is a very time-consuming painting because it is a still life and to get all the shadows etc right, it takes a long patient time.


I'm not going to post a big picture as I don't want to jinx this before it is finished given it is for the awards but I thought that I would post a photo of just a small part of it. The art awards require you to incorporate 4 themes into your work (interpreted as you will). They are: cool blue, equality, circular and stamp. Obviously this is the cool blue component and I won't share anything more yet about the whole picture or how I am incorporating the rest. Only the ribbon is completed at the moment, ignore the background and everything around it as that will all change, it was just given a base coat initially.
This has been a good value study. The photo isn't that clear but I have used about 7 different blues for this ribbon in order to capture the light and shadows.

No comments: