Friday, January 4, 2008

Completed Seascape

Well I finished the seascape that I was working on based on the DVD tutorial by Byron Pickering called 'The Wild Sea'. I keep on seeing things that I am not entirely happy with but I have decided to stop at this point and say that it is finished as I could keep playing and playing with it when I could spend that time painting an original seascape and applying what I have learnt to that. So here it is......

So, not perfect, but okay for a first seascape. I am also working through the DVD's on seascape painting by an American artist called E. John Robinson. He uses different colours in his seascapes so I picked up some blues today at the art store. His technique is quite different from Byron Pickering but I am learning lots from both and one of my goals for this year (among many others) is to paint a beautiful seascape that I am proud off.

2 comments:

Bonsainz said...

looks great keep doing seascapes DAD

Stefano Grandi said...

Ciao,complimenti per il tuo quadro sulle onde di Byron Pickering,anche io ho iniziato da questo dvd ,e' bellissima questa tecnica e lui e' davvero bravo.