Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Paint while the babies are asleep!

It is great when it is evening and tea time is over, baby bathtime is over, the two of them are sound asleep and I can PAINT! I used to find it easier to put down the paintbrush when I painted in acrylics but now I'm using oils I find I have to clean up properly and that takes time so I try and make sure that they are definitely asleep before I pick up a paintbrush as I don't want to be trying to settle them while having oil paint all over my hands (and clothes).


Here is a photo of the big one that I am working on at present, I managed to complete the trees and hills tonight. Once that is dry I will do the side panel. I used masking tape to separate the three panels but some of it bleed through so I will have to tidy up that as well.


On a positive note, the Obi art auction raising money for breast cancer research was on Monday night and they raised over $7000 in total. I went along to see how it all went and my one sold. YAY! It's a great cause and I am really glad that I was able to participate in it. Thank you Jo for being my model (even though you are the other side of the world). Yay for the Internet and the ability to email sketches and photos.

No comments: