Saturday, November 24, 2007

NZ Art Guild fortnightly challenge - Earthborn


Each fortnight the NZ Art Guild has a challenge which has a theme and a technique that must be incorporated. This time the theme was Earthborn and the technique to be incorporated was Stamp. This is my attempt called Earthwomb.

The trees are being nourished and are implanted firmly at both ends in earth's womb. Yes a little abstract for me I know. That is why I enjoy the fortnightly challenges in the Art Guild. I try and use it as an opportunity to try something completely different to what I would normally do. This one didn't take me long and I really enjoyed the process. For interest's sake, it is oil on canvas, 600x300x40mm and I made a stamp out of wood and used that for the foliage on the ground.

No comments: