Monday, February 9, 2009

Progress on coloured pencil portrait of Connor - my black lab

Just a quick update of how Connor's portrait is going. I tried to scan it as it is too dark to photograph it (late at night you see) but because this is larger than A4 it goes off the side of the scanner pad, hence the fact he is missing part of his left ear.

I need to go back over parts of the fur to even out areas but I am enjoying working on this and pleased that I was able to attack the nose tonight. For some reason the nose scared me and I thought I might stuff it up. Because the photo reference was quite dark around the nose I kept on lying down on the floor to gaze at my dog's nose close up. It is damn useful having him around to check things like fur direction. We have had Connor for 7 years and I don't think I ever realised quite how his nostrils looked until tonight!

No comments: