Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tayla's portrait in oils - finished

I finally had a session on this last Friday and managed to finish it. Reasonably happy with it but look forward to future improvements with portraits. I think you just have to do it and each time it gets better (except for the odd one in between which gets thrown out).

Last night my little girl was diagnosed with asthma so that is something that we will be keeping a close eye on. We don't know yet if she will get it mild or bad, so I am just really grateful that my husband is an asthmatic because he picked it up last night when it was a gentle wheeze when I thought it was just a blocked nose. The Doctor said that not many parents pick it up so quickly as he did so I am really grateful for that. I spent the night on a mattress in the kids room so I could listen to her breathing during the night, so needless to say I didn't sleep well, even though she did. I am also grateful that we live in a very warm dry house.

So lots of life challenges going on at the moment which must be all happening for a reason - I would just like to know some of the reasons now rather than waiting for the clarity of hindsight. The Life Coaching Diploma I am currently completing is really great for enforcing some self-reflection. We have to work through the process ourselves that we will use with clients, so that is really interesting and why I am looking for the connections of why things happen, especially when the same type of challenge happens over and over again where there is obviously a lesson to be learnt - I just need to figure out what.

But the sun is shining and it is a crystal clear winter's day here in Auckland - cold, but preferable to the warmer rainy weather that we otherwise get, so while the kids are sleeping (not that they have dropped off yet), I am going to lie in the sun on the couch and listen to my ipod - Bliss.

No comments: