Thursday, May 1, 2008

Still a work in progress but slowing getting there...

Still more to do and lots of tidying up but I thought that I would post a photo of progress with this one. I have spent so many hours on this painting and I am not satisfied. I think part of the issue is that I love the photo so much (taken by Mario Brischetto) that it is impacting on my satisfaction with the progress of this. I have changed it a wee bit from the photo, for example taking out some of the houses on the hill and just suggesting others and the land at the very back as well. But I love the photo and I love the effects done on the photo with the colours and I want to capture that on canvas.

Please keep in mind that this photo was taken in full sunlight which is not ideal so the colours seem more vibrant than in real life. The sides are wet so I couldn't put it in the shade as I would have spread paint around in places where paint shouldn't go again!

A week or so ago I managed to track phathlo turquoise throughout the house all over the carpet. And our house is fairly new as we only built it when I was pregnant with Carter. After quickly clearing that lot up before DH saw it, I managed to do the same thing the following night and then a couple of nights ago I finally got paint over the nice new beige couch. Go me!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Must run in the family - your Dad gets paint on the phone, light switches, taps, kitchen bench, as well as the walls and carpet - and of course, Carter started on the couch last week...

I love the painting - it would be interesting to see the true colours. As it is, perhaps the red roof to the right draws the attention a bit much? Without it, the eye looks from the boat, then out to the horizon. Of course, it might just be a result of the lighting in the photograph.