Sunday, March 8, 2009

Life Drawing Workshop

Here are a few part-completed drawings from a life drawing workshop I attended yesterday. I was really looking forward to this and I came out feeling frustrated which I talked about on my art school blog if anyone that reads this is interested in hearing about that.

Didn't get a chance to do some more completed drawings but I was pleased at how far I have come in terms of being able to get the proportions pretty much right on the page.

This one was from an interesting exercise where we had to look at the whole body in terms of cylinders and only put the outside lines down once we had completed the figure.
The model was great though and did some excellent poses. I do need to do more life drawing as it is one of the best ways to improve drawing ability, I just wish I hadn't come out of this class feeling so frustrated.


No comments: